Thursday, April 11, 2013

Camp recount 2013

Kapiti ... A beautiful place. Birds chirping, trees rustling, ocean colliding with the rocky shore. Every thing so peaceful.... Brum!! as the two outboard engines start up. The skipper sprays us with sea water.
We make our way to the lodge and set up our portable houses(tents). We have the largest tent. Our ten is full of boys. There is Tom, Zahn, Huntah and I.
Swimming time! "Yea!" every one yells. I race into our tent and jump into some togs. We arrive at the sea. I hop into the freezing water, dunk my head under and explore.
Wow! I see a big school of fish floating past, paua blending in with the pink rocks, sea weed waving around and Tom's legs dangling from underneath a log. I lift up my head to hear Tom shouting, "Come on maties! Let's conker New Zealand. Get on your logs and sail away with me!"
After 5 minutes of him screaming I give in and join him.
"Oh noooo!" Tom shouts, "I'm sinking!"
He doggie paddled over to my boat. He sat on the front and the nose began to go under.
"Nooo!" he screamed. "Abandon ship!"
We are forced to swim back to shore. This camp is awesome!                   

No comments:

Post a Comment